This Avocado Spinach Pesto
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe is one of my favs at the moment!
It promises ooooey, gooey bites of yumminess. And it's not that bad for you!
Here is what you need to make an Avocado Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
- Your choice of bread (anything works here, but give sourdough a try)
- Ripe Avocado ( I use a half of an avo)
- Baby Organic Spinach (about a handful)
- Home Made Pesto (the recipe I used is here)
- Cheese of your choice (I've used Light Mozarella, Provolone or Havarti)
- Coconut butter
Begin with buttering the outsides of your toast with the coconut butter, then layer your sandwich. I spread pesto on both bread slices, cheese on top of that, a layer of spinach and then the avo.
Pre-heat your pan on medium heat until it's hot... well, you know what to do from there. Grill your sandwich!
How yummy does that look?!
My comfort food of the moment.