A great 3 part series on how to create a collection for your shop, for new products or whatever you are dreaming up. Informative and interesting behind the scenes perspective in the life of an artist, entrepreneur and designer. www.lifeidesign.comRead More
We are in the process of updating the interior of our home and the most fun part of this new experience has been finding inspiration.
I don't know about you, but I visit Pinterest often and love perusing new boards, looking up random places, recipes and pinning away!
My latest project has been planning the updates for my home studio.
I've already chosen the new colour, I've found a supplier for a piece of reclaimed wood for the fireplace and now I want to plan the gallery wall where my plan is to hang an eclectic arrangement of art and interesting pieces.
Here are some of my favourite gallery wall inspirations from my "How to Hang Art" Board. Have a look for a moment and drool with me.
This look is for those who need balance and harmony in their lives I think.
Then there's the "above the desk" gallery wall. I love mix of frames and varied composition of this arrangement.
Here's a solution for how to hang all of the wonderful art that your children bring home!
I adore this corner gallery lay-out. It's getting closer to what I imagine in my studio.
This one reminds me of the urban loft that I dream of living in one day.
This seaside theme is a fun grouping creating a unified themed wall.
My Top 5 Tips for creating your own gallery wall!
1) Make sure the art varies in composition and size, i.e. abstract, black and white prints, photographs, colours, large pieces vs. smaller ones.
2) Find a few pieces that are 3-dimensional such as the stars above, or busts, and textured frames. Vary the finishes ie. bronze, black, metal and wood.
3) Hang the pieces close to one another so that they are grounded by each surrounding piece. This is what makes them connect as one flowing arrangement, when your gallery is complete.
4) You can either plan the placement of each item on the floor first then hang them on the wall measuring carefully. Or be free flowing and hang pieces as you find them in your travels, creating an ever-growing wall of your own personal art-expression.
5) Most importantly, make sure that each piece you hang means something to you. You'll most likely be living with it for a while so the more it speaks to you, the better the chances are that you'll love it for years to come. Another option is to use frames and place art pieces/prints that you can change up as often as you like!
I'll share my studio gallery wall once we get the old particle board torn down and the new paint-colour up!
Catch up with me on Pinterest so that I can browse your boards and see what inspiration you're sharing.
I love your smooth body.
I love how you light up when you want to share something with me.
I love your warm glow.
I love reading your messages.
I love how you whistle at me.
I love you...
Yes, I must confess. I love my iPhone. I treat it like it's my 3rd child.
It lies next to me on my bedside table when I sleep.
It whistles at me when I get a text message.
It allows me to google answers to my kid's homework questions.
It gives me great recipe ideas when I am stumped.
The list goes on and on. If you have an iPhone, you may or may not relate, but what makes me love my iPhone so much are the apps that I download, enjoy and must share!
Here are some of my most favourite apps of the moment.
Be warned that it may make you too fall in love with your iPhone - if you haven't done so already.
Pinterest - I am always happily surprised at all of the great recipes, workout ideas, decorating inspiration and talent that exists in the world of Pinterest. Part of my bed-time ritual is to unwind and browse some of my favourite categories on Pinterest. Connect with me here.
TeuxDeux - Do you like to make to-do lists? If so, this one is for you!
Instagram - Again, I love to browse photos and am in awe of the great talent that exists within the realm of Instagram. You can easily edit, enhance and share photos using this great app. Here's how we can connect here I'd love to check out what you are pinning.
Evernote - It's the bomb!! I can create documents, notes, clip articles from the web and access all of my notes on any of my iDevices or Mac. It syncs up to the Evernote cloud and all of your applications are updates once you connect to the Internet. Love this one from a productivity and accessibility perspective.
Omvana - This is a new one and it enables you to access great meditations and spiritual talks. One of my new favs and a keeper for sure!
Action Movie - This is a fun one that allows you to create fun movies from short video clips. We've blown up lots of stuff with this app. It's kind of a stress reliever!
What are some of your favourite apps?! I'd love to check them out.